An-noor eye hospital offers long term-fellowship spanning 12 months and short-term fellowship spanning 1-3 months. The long-term programs are for young doctors who would like to gain from the expertise available at An-noor eye hospital and further enhance their knowledge in their respective fields through extensive practical training. The short-term programs are for practicing ophthalmologists who would like to gain specific experience in specific procedures and management of eye diseases.
Our main aim is to teach Phaco and SICS to the candidates with latest technique and instruments. Candidates are exposed to Phaco machines along with a chance to interact with Dr. Khaleel Ahmed on advanced techniques and future of cataract.We complete training that includes theory lectures on Phaco dynamics and newer IOLs in addition to practical hands on training, thereby preparing you as a trained Phaco or SICS surgeon.
Types of courses:
- Beginners Phaco Course ( Combination of ECCE/SICS+ Phaco Course for Beginners)
- Basic Phaco Course. ( For Surgeons who are confident in ECCE/SICS)
- Advanced Phaco Course.( For Surgeons who want to learn advanced Phaco Procedures)
The goal is to target the Ophthalmologists who have recently completed MS/DO/DNB & want surgical exposure.
Short term training for Phaco/SICS
- 1 Week to 15 days
- Once or twice a week for local Ophthalmologist
- Customized as per req. of trainee
- No of surgeries – approximately 10 Nos
- Course Fees 50K
- Extra Surgeries: 5K per surgery
Requirement for trainee before joining
- Good skills in eye handling under microscope
- Experience in ECCE for SICS & Experiences in SICS & capsulorhexis for Phaco training
- Knowledge of Phacodynamics Recommended to read the book Phacodynamics by Barry Seibel.
- Observe many videos & seminars on phacoemulsifcation.
Long term Phaco-Emulsification and Refractive Surgeries
The following are the sub specialties in which fellowships are available
- General ophthalmology and phacoemulsification
- Cornea Phaco and Refractive
- Paediatric Ophthalmology
Terms & Conditions
- Duration of Fellowship is 12 months
- with Stipend